The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) is a government initiative aimed at providing direct income support to farmers in India. This scheme was launched to alleviate the financial burdens faced by small and marginal farmers across the country.
- Financial Support: Under PM-KISAN, eligible farmers receive direct income support of ₹6,000 per year. This support is provided in three equal installments of ₹2,000 each.
- Beneficiary Criteria: The scheme is primarily targeted at small and marginal farmers who own up to 2 hectares of cultivable land. The scheme is inclusive, covering farmers from all states and union territories of India.
- Direct Benefit Transfer: The financial assistance is transferred directly to the beneficiaries’ bank accounts, eliminating intermediaries and ensuring transparency.
- Application Process: Farmers can apply for PM KISAN benefits through their respective state or union territory governments. The application process typically involves providing essential documents, including land records and Aadhaar details.
- Regular Updates: The government periodically updates the list of beneficiaries to ensure that eligible farmers receive their entitled benefits.
- Provide financial stability to farmers.
- Enable farmers to meet their agricultural expenses.
- Enhance the overall income and living standards of small and marginal farmers.
- Promote agricultural growth and sustainability.
PM-KISAN is considered a significant step towards addressing the economic challenges faced by India’s farming community. By providing direct financial support, the scheme aims to improve the livelihoods of millions of farmers and strengthen the agricultural sector.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) plays a vital role in supporting the backbone of India’s economy—its farmers. It serves as a lifeline for small and marginal farmers, helping them overcome financial constraints and invest in their agricultural activities for a better future. The scheme continues to be a crucial part of the government’s efforts to boost agricultural growth and rural prosperity in India.